Unit 3: Colour Structures
Continuing with my self-directed study of colour by following the telecourse Colour: An Introduction.
These notes give more detail on my experiences while completing this unit of study:
The goals for this particularly large unit of study were:
- further exploration of to colour temperature (warm/cool) aspects
- to further explore the relationship of colour to form, via personal language and basic mark-making using warm and cool colour combinations
- using triads and tetrads on the colour wheel to establish colour schemes
- To use those colour schemes to devise freeform and geometric shapes and lines (layouts)
My experiences while completing the assignments:
- Again, some drawing aspects (straight-edged forms in the colour layout series) had to be finished on my PC using Photoshop.